Olympic Rings Fruit Pizza
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 Large kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in the egg, melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place waxed paper over a 15-in. x 10-in. baking sheet without sides. Shape dough into a flattened rectangle and place on prepared baking sheet. Cover dough with waxed paper; roll dough to within 1/4 in. of edges of baking sheet. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; invert dough onto another greased baking sheet. Remove remaining waxed paper.
- Using a 4-1/2-in. diameter plate or bowl and a knife, trace three touching circles along a long side of the dough. Trace two more circles centered below and overlapping upper circles by 1 in. Cut around outer edges of the rings; remove dough around rings and use to make cookies if desired. Bake rings at 350 degrees F for 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping; mix well. Transfer cooled crust to a serving platter. Spread with frosting. On top rings, from left to right, place blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. Place pineapple and kiwi on lower rings. Store in the refrigerator.