This is definitely the best pie crust recipe I have ever made. Plus you use a food processor instead of a pie crust blender, or whatever it’s called. The one where you use your hands. This crust takes me minutes to make and I let it sit overnight. When I’m ready to use it I let is sit out at room temperature to warm up a little before rolling out. I don’t have room in my refrigerator to roll it out before hand so I cut it into two halves, put it in plastic wrap and let it sit.
Pate Brisee to Make One Double-Crust or Two Single-Crust Pies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ice water
- Pulse flour and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter, cut into small pieces, and pulse until mixture forms coarse crumbs with some larger pieces remaining, about 10 seconds.
- With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until dough just holds together without being wet or sticky, no longer than 30 seconds.
- Divide dough in half; flatten and shape into disks, and wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.