This was a great meal.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 8 oz cream cheese
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
- About 15 minutes before you're ready to serve, remove the chicken and place on a serving platter. Add the cream to cheese to the juice in the crockpot, and whisk until smooth.
- Ladle the sauce over rice or pasta, then place your chicken on top!