My son being a picky eater, he does love Chicken & Dumplings. Me being busy, loves my Slow Cooker. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and figured I’d give it a try. I did tweek it a little. I didn’t add the season salt and I added a bag of baby carrots under the chicken. All I have to say is yum! This is definitely a keeper.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 10 canned, regular size, buttermilk biscuits
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker, along with chopped onion and 2 TB butter. Sprinkle with dried parsley, seasoning salt, poultry seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add baby carrots, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup to crockpot, and stir all ingredients to combine. Place lid on top and cook over low heat for 6-8 hours, or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- After cooking for at least 6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high, remove lid and stir mixture with a spoon or fork, breaking apart the chicken into smaller chunks.
- Chop the biscuits into quarters and add to the crockpot. Push biscuit dough down into the crockpot a bit so that they will absorb the gravy as they cook.
- Replace the lid and continue cooking for 1 more hour over high heat until biscuits are cooked through and begin to turn golden brown.