I love chicken parmesan. Since the weather was cold and nasty, I decided to make some marinara sauce as well. There’s nothing better than your own homemade sauce. I’m going to do another post about the simple marinara sauce I make. It takes a total of 1 and a half hours to make, but on with the meal.
I had gotten myself a Ninja Air Fryer for Christmas, I love it. It’s such an easy clean up too.
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese Not Grated
- 1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Set temperature on Air Fryer to 360 degrees F. Preheat 3 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise and trim.
- Pound the chicken breasts into thinner pieces that are the same thickness.
- In a medium bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs together.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Place chicken breasts in single layer inside of air fryer basket. If you are using a smaller air fryer you will need to cook in batches.
- Add chicken breasts to preheated Air Fryer and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts over and top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Air fry for an addition 3-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degree F.
- Set aside and keep warm, repeat with remaining 2 pieces