This was the perfect non guilty cheesecake. It wasn’t heavy and it wasn’t so much that it went to waste. My son loved it. I’m going to need to make it again. Recipe is inspired from Sweet and Savory Meals.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Instant Pot
- 15 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tbsp Melted butter
- 16 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Large eggs at room temp.
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream at room temp.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo Cookies chopped
White Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 8 Oreo cookies chopped
- Lightly coat a 7×3-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the cookies to a food processor and finely process until crumbs are formed. Or add the cookies to a ziplock bag, and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter to a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Using a measuring cup, press the crust and try to line the sides about to the middle of the pan edges.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before your begin.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch, beat until light and fluffy on medium-low speed.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in heavy cream. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition until well combined. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in chopped Oreo Cookies.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour cheesecake batter mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place metal trivet into a 6-qt Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Gently transfer the cheesecake pan on top of the trivet. Cover the top of the cheesecake pan (not the IP) with foil.
- Select manual setting and adjust pressure to high. If using a springform pan that is 7×3 inch, cook for 30 minutes, if using a 6 inch pan, add 5 more minutes and cook for 35 minutes.
- When finished cooking and the Instant Pot beeps, release pressure naturally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully open the pot and transfer cheesecake to a cooling rack. Let it cool for 1 hour, after which run a paring knife around the edges.
- Transfer cheesecake to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
White Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- Heat heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds, until it's just beginning to bubble.
- Add white chocolate chips to a medium bowl, and pour the hot heavy cream over them, making sure they are fully covered with cream. Allow mixture to sit for 1 minute.
- Stir slowly until the cream and white chocolate chips are combined. Some bit of chocolate will not be fully melted yet, in that case heat the mixture again for 20 seconds, and stir. Repeat as necessary until all the chocolate bits are fully melted and incorporated.
- If the mixture is too thin or thick, you can add a touch more chocolate chips or heavy cream.
- Remove cheesecake from pan, place on a serving plate and pour white chocolate ganaches over it.
- Immediately garnish with chopped Oreo Cookies.
- Wait for the white chocolate ganache to settle/Harden before cutting and serving the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake covered loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. It will keep good in the fridge for up to 1 week.