I just made this for dinner last night and had to share it. I made a broth rice and veggies to go with it.
Oma’s Sour Cream Chicken
- 2 lb chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 1/2 cup Pepperidge Farm Herbed Stuffing, the crumbles not the cubes
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- garlic powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. This is classic Oma in that it is less about therecipe and more about the process. Lay the chicken close together on a foil linedbaking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat with a thick layer of sour cream.
- Top with the seasoned Pepperidge Farm herved stuffing and dot with the butter
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 minutes for chicken tenders or up to an hourfor chicken breasts.
- Its ready when the chicken is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are nicelybrowned. In fact, the best part may be the breadcrumbs, even the crusty partsthat kind of fall around the edges of the pan. The chicken is moist with lovelycrunchy buttery bits on top.