- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp butter + extra for buttering the dish
- 1 lb dark chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Chunks
- Grease a 8 X 8 or 8 X 11 baking dish. Sprinkle half the peppermint chunks in the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Place a medium sauce pot over medium heat with 2 inches of water. Place a glass bowl over the top–making sure the glass doesn’t touch the water.
- Pour the condensed milk and butter in the bowl and heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and salt in the bowl. Stir the chocolate and watch as it melts and thickens–about 5 minutes.
- The mixture should thicken to a THICK cake batter consistency–almost too thick to pour.
- Add both extracts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Gently tap the dish on the counter for at least a minute to allow air bubbles to rise to the surface and to smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining peppermint chips over the top and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, maybe longer, to set.
- To cut, dip a sharp knife in hot tap water, wipe and cut quickly. Dip and wipe the knife between cuts. Cut into 1 inch squares.