Fall is my favorite time of year. We went apple picking last week. I have never made apple butter before and I’ve always wanted to try it. It didn’t disappoint. I used Cortland apples.
I don’t know why it took me this long to make it. It does taste better after being in the fridge overnight. Taste amazing on muffins.
Small Batch Apple Butter
- 1 1/2 lbs apples peeled, sliced and cored
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar I used light brown
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice I used 2
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place apples in a slow cooker
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir very well.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, when it's in the last hour, use an immersion blender and keep the top off.
- Transfer to glass jars and refrigerate.